Master of Arts in Information Design Curriculum
Core Courses (30 credits):
- DES 499 Computer Applications for Graphic/Information Design
- DES 501 Graphic/Information Design Theory I
- DES 502 Graphic/Information Design Theory II
- DES 520 Advanced History of Design
- DES 598 Research Methods in Design
- DES 503 Graphic/Information Design Practice I
- DES 504 Graphic/Information Design Practice II
- DES 537 Advanced Design Internship
- Directed Elective (3 credits)
- Capstone (3 credits)
- DES 597 Research Project (Plan C)
The capstone requirement is a research project supervised and approved by the graduate advisor and Graduate Faculty Committee. The research project also requires final approval by the Dean, School of Graduate Studies.
- Students enrolled in the following courses will be assessed a $65 design Lab Fee: DES 436, 438, 439, 465,498, 499, 503,504, and 597, 598. Contact the department for additional information.
- Students are limited to six credits of DES designated course work per semester without permission of advisor and department chair.
- No more than nine credits at the 400 level, as approved by the graduate advisor, may be counted toward the graduate planned program of study.
Graduate Application Materials:
CCSU Graduate Admissions: 860.832.2350
Apply to Graduate Program (Links to all CCSU Graduate Information)
Graduate Tuition & Fees
Graduate Studies Handbook (PDF)
Masters Degree Catalog
Grad Thesis Handbook (PDF)
Special Project Handbook (PDF)
Application for Graduation (Grad)
For Academic Advising:
Eleanor Thornton, Chairperson
Department of Design